cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip90 help

al_fla
Apprentice

Hi - I hope I am posting in the proper place.

I purchased this printer a few years ago for when I travel. Due to medical issues I never used it.

I just installed it and the yellow light flashes four times. I reinstalled it a few times, checked the cartridges, etc., and still no luck. I also downloaded drivers. I have Windows 7 professional.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Al

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI al_fla,

4 flashes means the Ink tank is not installed properly or the printer is not detecting the cartridge even though it is installed.

Open the Print Head Cover and check whether an ink tank is installed. If an ink tank is installed, push the button of the ink tank, and reinstall the ink tank properly.

Once that is done, turn the printer off and back on. If the error still wont clear, the printer is experiencing a internal hardware issue. The printer would need to be replaced at that point because the printer has been retired and service/parts are no longer available.

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI al_fla,

4 flashes means the Ink tank is not installed properly or the printer is not detecting the cartridge even though it is installed.

Open the Print Head Cover and check whether an ink tank is installed. If an ink tank is installed, push the button of the ink tank, and reinstall the ink tank properly.

Once that is done, turn the printer off and back on. If the error still wont clear, the printer is experiencing a internal hardware issue. The printer would need to be replaced at that point because the printer has been retired and service/parts are no longer available.

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements