Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

ip8720 - dark, muddy prints

[ Edited ]

I have a new ip8720 and the colors show darker and the print is muddy compared to my display.  I have cleaned the print heads and the test is clear.  I do noticeo on the benchmark page that the colors are lighter than show in the screen 'check' page.  Using Canon Photo Pater Plus Glossy II.  I am running W10 and using wifi.  

UPDATE:

I got an email saying there was a reply but I don't see any in the forum.  

Product Expert

Re: ip8720 - dark, muddy prints

Hi rolguin,

So we can assist you, could you take a picture of the test page and the print out that is darker. Also could you please open View Devices and Printers in your control panel and let us know if the printer is listed as Ip8700 series or as IP8700 series WS.

We look forward to your reply.

Please note: If this is a time senstive matter, you can call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST. 

Occasional Contributor

The printer is listed as ip8700 series WS.

Occasional Contributor

WHen I go into the printer from the device settings and select to print a test page it gives me message that it is waiting for the port. Not printing.
Occasional Contributor

I was able to print but I don't know how to attach the screen shot or pictures to this post. THe colors in the test are basically less dark than what I see on the screen.

Hi, rolguin!

Inserting photos is easy.  When composing your message, click the "Insert/Edit Image" icon at the top of the text box. It's near the center and it's a square with a pair of mountain peaks in it. You'll get instructions from there.

That's all there is to it.   Hope this helps!

Occasional Contributor

Hi, sorry for the churn.

To recap.

The prints that I see are darker and muddled compared to what I can see on the screen.

I am printing from a W10 OS and via wifi.

The printer I see in my control panel is a Canon ip8700 Series WS

I did the test that is recommended before cleaning (this is a brand new printer) and it didn't seem bad but the colors on the screen were more intense than on the print out.  I am attaching both. 

My prints, again, are darker and not clear.   The first image is from the tool, the second is the print out.

screenshot_printercleaningtool.pngIMG_0100.JPG

Product Expert

Hi rolguin,

The nozzle check that you printed looks good. The WS that you saw on the printer icon means Windows Software. That is windows version of the driver. I recommend you remove that driver from you computer and then please click HERE and download and run the installer for the iP8700 series Printer Driver Ver. 1.01.

Once the printer is reinstalled, the printer will be listed as IP8700 series without the WS. Once that is done, please  try to print again. Does the same issue happen?

We look forward to your reply.

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I did this and it seemed to work.  Thank you very much.