cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip8720 - dark, muddy prints

rolguin
Contributor

I have a new ip8720 and the colors show darker and the print is muddy compared to my display.  I have cleaned the print heads and the test is clear.  I do noticeo on the benchmark page that the colors are lighter than show in the screen 'check' page.  Using Canon Photo Pater Plus Glossy II.  I am running W10 and using wifi.  

UPDATE:

I got an email saying there was a reply but I don't see any in the forum.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi rolguin,

The nozzle check that you printed looks good. The WS that you saw on the printer icon means Windows Software. That is windows version of the driver. I recommend you remove that driver from you computer and then please click HERE and download and run the installer for the iP8700 series Printer Driver Ver. 1.01.

Once the printer is reinstalled, the printer will be listed as IP8700 series without the WS. Once that is done, please  try to print again. Does the same issue happen?

We look forward to your reply.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rolguin,

So we can assist you, could you take a picture of the test page and the print out that is darker. Also could you please open View Devices and Printers in your control panel and let us know if the printer is listed as Ip8700 series or as IP8700 series WS.

Please note: If this is a time senstive matter, you can call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST. 

The printer is listed as ip8700 series WS.

WHen I go into the printer from the device settings and select to print a test page it gives me message that it is waiting for the port. Not printing.

I was able to print but I don't know how to attach the screen shot or pictures to this post. THe colors in the test are basically less dark than what I see on the screen.

Hi, rolguin!

Inserting photos is easy.  When composing your message, click the "Insert/Edit Image" icon at the top of the text box. It's near the center and it's a square with a pair of mountain peaks in it. You'll get instructions from there.

That's all there is to it.   Hope this helps!

Hi, sorry for the churn.

To recap.

The prints that I see are darker and muddled compared to what I can see on the screen.

I am printing from a W10 OS and via wifi.

The printer I see in my control panel is a Canon ip8700 Series WS

I did the test that is recommended before cleaning (this is a brand new printer) and it didn't seem bad but the colors on the screen were more intense than on the print out.  I am attaching both. 

My prints, again, are darker and not clear.   The first image is from the tool, the second is the print out.

screenshot_printercleaningtool.pngIMG_0100.JPG

Hi rolguin,

The nozzle check that you printed looks good. The WS that you saw on the printer icon means Windows Software. That is windows version of the driver. I recommend you remove that driver from you computer and then please click HERE and download and run the installer for the iP8700 series Printer Driver Ver. 1.01.

Once the printer is reinstalled, the printer will be listed as IP8700 series without the WS. Once that is done, please  try to print again. Does the same issue happen?

Hi,

I did this and it seemed to work.  Thank you very much.  

Hello, I just bought this printer and every print I make comes out super dark. My monitor has been calibrated with a Calibrite Color Checker. When I go to print through Photoshop I have everything selected as normal, paper profile and etc., but it still comes out dark. I use a Mac with OS 10.15 Catalina and have removed and reinstalled the driver twice. This has become very frustrating. This seems like a driver issue. I can't get any good prints out of this machine. So far, just wasting ink. Do you have any suggestions on a resolution? Thank You. 

Announcements