11-03-2017 07:05 AM
I have an ip8500 that has performed faultlessly for many years. Now it is stuck in a error state ( 5 orange flashes the 1 green ) which will not clear. Have tried various reset suggestions found online but nothing works. Occasionally after leaving it switched off for a few days it will print normally for about 10 pages, then the error returns
Any ideas ?
11-03-2017 11:36 AM
The five flash error is and indication that your PIXMA iP8500 is experiencing an intrnal error. Resetting your PIXMA iP8500 may resolve this issue. Please follow these steps for isolating and resetting the your PIXMA iP8500:
1. Open the printer's front cover, and then open and close the print head lock lever (do not remove the print head).
2. Make sure all ink tanks are seated properly.
3. Make sure all packing materials have been removed.
4. Make sure no paper is jammed in the printer.
5. Disconnect the printer cable from the printer.
6. Close the front cover and turn the printer off.
7. Unplug the printer from the power source, and then plug it back in after 30 seconds.
8. Power on the printer.
9. Attempt to print a Nozzle Check pattern by holding down the Resume button until the Power light flashes twice.
If the error returns, please contact our support group using the following link: