cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP7250 Slow Printing & Fast Ink Usage

Sickofcanon
Apprentice

I have had this printer for 2 years.It is the worst printer I have ever had. It takes a five minutes to start then takes for ever to print a page.

Also ink cartridges are used up at an incredible rate. 

I checked ink levels and the yellow had about 12%.

When I tried to print several days lates the yellow showed 0%. I had printed nothing.

I joined this forum to get this off my chest.

Wjhat on earth are Canon doing with this printer.

I can only think they are determined to sell as many cartridges as possible.

I will NEVER buy Canon again.

1 REPLY 1

Jer1967
Apprentice

I could have written that post myself! I've had an iP7250 for about 3 1/2 years, and the only reason I bought it, is because it has the ID card tray that suits my existing templates. Otherwise, there is NO WAY ON EARTH I would have bought another Cannon. In 30 or so years of using all sorts of printers, this is easily the worst I have ever had. The endless cleaning cycles are absolutely infuriating! Just this morning, I took over 20 minutes (from initiating to completing printing), to print off TWO sheets, which normally take around 1 minute or less (when the damned cleaning cycle doesn't hold things up). This is costing me money in real terms, as I use it for my own business, as I am self employed. I have had numerous Epsons over the years, and they knock spots off this pile of junk...and they NEVER ran cleaning cycles, AND the print quality was superior to Cannon, whatever the application. There really is no justification for these ridiculous cleaning cycles, as they achieve nothing, other than to annoy the user and waste time and money. On the subject of money, I think we all know the only reason why these printers are set to perform these cycles...it's to run your ink out, and make you buy more of the vastly overpriced stuff from Cannon! Well, guess what, Cannon? I only EVER buy "pattern" inks now, and have done since I bought it! And this seems to be the case with every other owner I see here, simply because of your greed! So, your nasty little scam has backfired on you, as more and more people are seeing through your thievery, and are turning to cheaper inks from other suppliers. As I said, the ONLY reason I have this printer is because of the J-Tray for the ID cards I produce. From my experience of your inferior (and cheaply built) rubbish, I will NEVER buy any Cannon product again, and I take every opportunity to tell people to NEVER buy a Cannon, as they will regret it. It's no exaggeration to say that, probably, around 50 people I know (personal and business contacts) have bought a different brand, purely because of what I have told them. Still, it's not as though you care, is it? If you did, then you'd listen to the countless customers who have told you about these problems, and have been ignored. You truly deserve to go out of business, from the way you treat your buyers. 

Announcements