cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iX6820 prints blank pages

onyxlee
Apprentice

Hello, my Pixma ix6820 suddenly only prints blank pages.

I bought this printer a couple of years ago, only used it lightly. Probably printed less than 50 pages in total. It was working fine a month ago, then I didn't use it for 2 weeks. When I tried to print something, it suddenly got this issue.

I replaced the cartridges, cleaned the nozzle (both through the printer's utility software and using water to physically clean it), still nothing. The printer does all the maneuvers as same as usual as if it's perfect. Just only when the paper comes out, it's completely blank.

After it spits out a blank page, I checked the nozzle, it does have ink of all colors on it.

I tried it on different papers, the same result.

Do you know what might be the reason, and how can I fix it myself? I am currently abroad, so I can't bring it back to the US recently. Deeply appreciated. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi onyxlee,

Could you reply with the information that is on the ink cartridges( ink number, where it was made, etc).

We look forward to your reply.

Our MG7120 is doing the exact same thing.  We have had issues for a few years now but we've always found a work around, which we lived with because like the other poster we use it so infrequently.  This time I simply moved the printer across the room, and the pages started coming out blank.  Ink levels are fine with cartrige brands we've used for years (bought in bulk and the rest of the batch worked).  I have removed the printing head and cleaned thoroughly.  I re-installed all drivers and software.  No luck.  

just like i told the other guy.  thisx will work on almost alll canon printheads and almost any prihthead at all really.

you can try rinsing it with how water in the sink, just run it quickly under the water on the printhead side first and then dry it by tamping it like a pack of cigarettes into your palm with a damp paper towel in the palm of the hand your packing it into.. and if you can get some clear lines from the printhead you can unplug it that way..

more intense rinsing may be needed and you would want to try to flush it completely of ink. this usually requires either some air pressure after soaking it really well and see if you can get all the ink out or some water pressure and then air pressure (as you dont want to leave any bubbles of water in the head as this will prevent the ink from flowing thru it. sort of like a vapor lock in a car)

be sure to get the head completely dry before reinstalling it into the printeer. put your inks in and give it a couple of tries.

If this don't work, get some windex and nuke it in the microwave and then put it into a cup or something (suggest something tupperware with a snap on lid and drop the printhead in with it and put it on the washer or dryer. this will work like a makeshift sonic cleaner and agitate it and clean out ink that way. ) again, after this you can blow it out with air and try to get it dry thuout (i blow air both into the nozzles and into the input on the top of the printhead where the ink goes in from the cartridge) and then put it back into the printer and try it again.

it may take several tries but it usually works.

good luck.

onyxlee
Apprentice
Thanks. It's compatible cartridges. But I have been using this brand and series of cartridges for so long, it had been serving me well.

onyxlee
Apprentice
Good news, I asked a few printer maintenance shops and they all told me the same answer, go buy the part that your cartridge is attached to. Sorry I forgot the name, haha. I looked it up on eBay, eventually went to Canon customer support center and bought a brand new one for an even better price than eBay's used one. 50 USD to be exact. The Canon technician warned me the malfunction might be caused by other issues, and once I open the package of the part, I won't be able to return it, because I was using third party ink. So I took the risk and viola, it works like a charm.

Good luck.

hVYTOYS
Contributor

well, it's a inkjet.  if not used at least a couple of times a month the ink will plug up the printhead.  

you can try rinsing it with how water in the sink, just run it quickly under the water on the printhead side first and then dry it by tamping it like a pack of cigarettes into your palm with a damp paper towel in the palm of the hand your packing it into..  and if you can get some clear lines from the printhead you can unplug it that way.. 

more intense rinsing may be needed and you would want to try to flush it completely of ink.  this usually requires either some air pressure after soaking it really well and see if you can get all the ink out or some water pressure and then air pressure (as you dont want to leave any bubbles of water in the head as this will prevent the ink from flowing thru it.  sort of like a vapor lock in a car)

be sure to get the head completely dry before reinstalling it into the printeer.  put your inks in and give it a couple of tries. 

If this don't work, get some windex and nuke it in the microwave and then put it into a cup or something (suggest something tupperware with a snap on lid and drop the printhead in with it and put it on the washer or dryer.  this will work like a makeshift sonic cleaner and agitate it and clean out ink that way. )  again, after this you can blow it out with air and try to get it dry thuout (i blow air both into the nozzles and into the input on the top of the printhead where the ink goes in from the cartridge)  and then put it back into the printer and try it again. 

it may take several tries but it usually works. 

good luck.

Announcements