Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

iX6820 Error Code

Hi,

iX6820 purchased October 2018.  It's only a few months out of warranty. Light use. Color text documents, 11x17 printing on plain paper.

This morning I received error code A861 and the alarm light was flashing.  I called tech support and went through some simple steps only to be told there's likely a mechanical issue with the printer and I should buy a new one.  I then was transferred to Canon sales where I was offered a replacement discount for $143.99 + tax  + shipping.  I mentioned another online vendor had a better price and they offered to price match only after I pointed that out.

I had a technically-oriented friend look at the printer just to see if it could revived and they mentioned there was a problem with the ink tray being out-of-whack in its track and would cost more to fix than buy another one.

Disappointed Canon.  Ink is already a rip off and having to buy a printer after a year of use is theft in my view.  Your Printer division should learn from your Camera Lens division and try making something that lasts.