cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP7220 Unrecognized Ink Cartridges

3schnauzers
Apprentice
My one year-old printer has been error free since purchase. Yesterday, the error light flashed 15 times indicating an unrecognized ink cartridge. Opening the access lid revealed 3 of the 5 cartridges not lighted. I had installed a new YELLOW cartridge 3 days ago and the printer was fine until yesterday.I use generic cartridges I but from 123Inkjets. Do I need to get the printer serviced? I really like the print quality and I would replace it with the same thing. Thanks for your assistance.
4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

We cannot guarantee detection of third party or remanufactured ink tanks and can only advise that genuine Canon brand inks are used with our printers.  Please contact the retailer of the third party ink tanks to see what options you would have for replacing the inks that are not being detected.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I replaced the black ink cartridge today. Now the message I get is that the machine does not recognize the color cartridge which was not changed and has bee working fine. What to do. Have reinstalled several times.

Hi zoehaus,

Is the black ink tank that you are using a genuine Canon ink tank?

If so, what are the letters and numbers on the label of that ink tank?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rcianfag
Apprentice

We have a new Canon TS9120, and getting Support Code Error 1660 Ink not recognized. Let us know how best to resolve using non-Canon ink cartirdges.

BTW - this printer seems to use an excessive amount of ink - always low on some ink. We burrned through first set of Canon ink within 1 month - not printing everyday.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements