11-21-2018 06:04 PM
I am trying to print a label on a CD using Image Garden. I can choose a theme and enter text , but I cannot choose a picture for the picture area. When I right click this area it says "Use Scanned Image" and then requires a scanner driver. This printer does not have a scanner, but I do have an old stand alone USB scanner I use. How can I use one of my own images that are on the computer?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-29-2018 08:50 AM
Please open My Image Garden and follow these steps:
1. Click on New Art at the bottom and then Disk Label.
3. Select your desired layout.
4. Click Add image at the bottom and then select your desired photo. Your selected photo will now appear on the CD.
5. Click Layout. Choose your desired layout. Try using the first layout in the 3rd row down.
6. 3 text boxes will appear overlaying your image on the CD. If you move your cursor over the text box's outline, the cursor will turn into a 4 headed arrow. If you click and hold the mouse button down while moving the cursor, you can reposition the text box. When you place the cursor over one of the boxes on the outline of the text box, you will be able to resize the text box. You can also rotate the text box by clicking the "Rotate Freely" button.
7. Click Print.
8. Make any necessary adjustments and then click Print to print the label on the CD.
To view the video of this process, please follow this link:
11-29-2018 12:19 PM
I tried to follow the Youtube video and I think I got to where I could actually choose a background image from ny files. However, Image Garden is really confusing. My CD label stock is precut to use either a 40mm or 15mm inner circle but I don't see anything in Image Garden to set the inner circle diameter. After struggling with Image Garden I downloaded your older utility, CD-LabelPrint. It's much more intuitive and user friendly. It has a way to change the inner circle diameter from 43mm +/- 10mm, but that still does not take me down to 15mm. Is there more adjustment available in Image Garden? If not, can you recommend another free CD label printing app that would work?
11-30-2018 08:55 AM
Yes, it would allow you to change the print area for the inner and outer circle. The inner circle can be adjusted between 0.67 - 2.09 inches. The print area is set in the Advanced Settings dialog box. Click Advanced... at the bottom of the screen. If Advanced... is not shown, click the (Right Scroll).
12-01-2018 05:00 PM
Thank you for all the help everyone. I guess I should have mentioned that the version of Image Garden I had was what got installed on my Windows XP computer when I installed the iP7200 printer I bought about a year ago. It was version 1.1.2 and ran a bit slow and unresponsive on this computer. After viewing some Youtube videos about Image Garden which didn't look a lot like what I had, I found there was a newer version, 3.3.1, which I downloaded and installed. What a difference! With the old version I struggled for days trying to insert an image for the background and when I succeeded, I could not remember how I got there and it took days to replicate it. The new version is much more user friendly and has more options for inserting text, although maybe even slower on XP, but at least it works. I strongly suggest upgrading to the new version if you're having any problems like I did.