07-08-2013 02:40 PM
When I attempt to print, I receiveupport Code: 1401 A print head is not installed or the installed print head is not compatible with this printer. Install an appropriate print head and close the cover of the printer.
The printer worked fine Saturday, I received a message that a software update was available for my printer, clicked OK to download and shut down for the evening. Sunday I tried to print and received this error message. Any ideas?
07-08-2013 02:46 PM
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.
07-11-2013 12:46 AM
Let's try reseating the print head to try and resolve the issue:
1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and open the top cover. The print head moves to the replacement position.
Note: When the top cover is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the top cover, and open it again.
2. Open the paper output tray and pull down the inner cover.
3. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank and lifting them out of the print head.
Note: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. When replacing multiple ink tanks, make sure to replace one by one.
4. When removing the print head, raise the print head lock lever first.
To reinstall the Print Head and Ink Tanks
1. Place the print head in the holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.
2. Insert ink tanks into the print head.
Press the mark 'PUSH' on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.
3. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.
Note: <Ink Tank Lamp> You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.
- On: The printer is ready to print.
- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.
- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.
- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.
4. Put back the inner cover and close the top cover.
Note: When starting printing next time, the print head cleaning launches automatically.
During the print head cleaning, the Power lamp flashes green. Do not do other operations until the flashes stops.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, please use the Contact Us link to contact our support for further assistance.
01-31-2014 11:42 AM
I also have same error message on XP. Paper goes through and sounds like printing but comes out blank.
I removed and reinstalled print head as instructed - same error
Print head running in ink put user manual says not to wipe it
What next please?
07-02-2014 12:54 AM
I have the same problem. Worked fine until it didn't. Got the message on this post and ALSO error Service error 5200.
All cartridges glow red. will not do maintenence like tests and cleaning. Tried tips on this post but no improvement. Resume light flashing yellow. Reloaded driver from Canon site. Windows 7 system. Pls help I love this printer!!!