cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP4300 missing lines of text

tkcanon10
Apprentice

ThisiP4300  printer has worked well for 6 years. Recently it has started to miss lines of black text when print quality set to Standard, my normal setting.  When quality is set to High all lines are printing.  If I print several copies of the same page, exactly the same lines are missing. If I print copies of a second page the same lines arre missing on each copy but they will be at different locations from the first page. I have tried the cleaning options and the head alignment with no change in the problem.  Much thanks for any suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

This problerm while not widely reported appears to be related to the age of the printhead.  Switching between Standard and High afftect how ink is delivered tthroough the head to the paper.  Low inks levels or a clogged head can also contribute to this. 

If you have an adequete ink supply and have performed a cleaning I would suggest removing anfd reseating the printhead.  If this doesn't help, it might be beyond its useable life.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks much, Rick. Can you tell me how to remove and reseat the prrint head?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements