cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP1800 ink absorber

yeswab
Apprentice

I have an iP1800. We are getting the "Ink Absorber Full" warning, and I'd really like to try to fix it myself. 

I would rather start in this forum than slog through Youtube for advice from unfamiliar sources. 

Any advice (or out-and-out instructions) would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Ebony
Rising Star

Hello yeswab,

This printer has an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes. The cleaning process is necessary in order to keep the print head nozzles from becoming clogged. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.

We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" Web sites that offer instructions for making this repair. Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. Be aware that if you attempt this procedure, it is at your own risk.

Since your printer requires service, a Technical Support Representative will be happy to answer any questions you may have and explain the service options available to you. You can contact us through the email link or phone numbers listed HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

You are not answering the question, yeswab wants to fix it himself, messy or not, show him a how to guide, or provide a valid link to 'do-it-yourself'
Announcements