cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i9900

jchampagne
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can help with an issue that I'm having with my i9900 printer.

It's blinking green and my cartridge carriage isn't moving as it did before. It's like it's stuck in the initializing step but just keeps blinking.

Do you think it's because my driver needs updating and my laptop and printer are not communicating?

I am using a different computer now and the OS is Windows 7  x64 bit

Any ideas?

Jamie 

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hijchampagne,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If there flashing light does not clear, and the ink carriage wont move, the printer would need to be replaced since service is not longer available for this model printer. You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Hello Arthur,

I'll give this a try. Pressing the button 5 times with power is OFF sounds odd but if that is the correct instruction, I'll give it a try.

I had this printer in strorage for 2-3 years but it worked fine before I stored it. When I powered it back up yesterday for the first time, the only thing it did was the green light blinking and the carriage didn't move and didn't do what it usually does etc. Hopefully it's just in need of a reset as you suggest.

Just to confirm your directions are:

While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

Correct?

J

Hijchampagne,

That is correct.

jchampagne
Apprentice
Thanks Arthur. I appreciate the confirmation.

I performed the sequence for reset as you described without luck. Still have constant blinking green light and the carriage didn't move. Is there anything else worth trying to get it working?

J

Hi jchampagne,

If the reset did not clear the issue, the printer has experienced a hardware malfunction and would need to be replaced.

I appreciate all of your help Arthur.

J

Announcements