cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i960 Driver Update Does Not Work

Ubet
Apprentice

I have a Canon i960 hooked to a Mac Mini. Everything has been great for years until I download the new updated driver from Canon. Now all I get is Error messages when I want to print.

I've tried all the tricks: checking the cables, unplugging the printer from power source, re-starting the machines multiple times, using a different USB port, live support from Apple Care. It all comes down to Canon's hinky update. 

Cat Mad    Cat Mad     Cat Mad    Cat Mad    Cat Mad

I want to revert to the old driver and dump this new one. Can Canon direct me to a directory of old drivers?

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ubet.

Please tell us what version of Mac OSX is installed on your Mac Mini so we can try to assist you further.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OSX 6.8

Sorry to reply so late. My Mac Mini crashed and burned. It has taken me awhile to retrieve my data, repair the drive and get back up to speed.

I have not plugged the Canon printer back in yet. I'll be using only old drivers, if I can. If that works I sure as hell will never download another 'update'. It ran just fine before, thanks.

Very unhappy with Canon.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ubet.

Please try downloading the latest 10.6 drivers from our website at the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/i_series/i960_series#DriversAn...

Once there, select Mac OSX OS 10.6 in the 'Select OS' menus to access the driver.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank-you but the latest updated drivers are exactly what caused this problem in the first place.

I won't be needing Canon's help.

After hours and hours of data backup, system reload and data retrival do you really think I am going to jump on that crazy train again?

Everything, except the printer, is humming along nicely.

I am in the market for a new printer. It will not be a Canon.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements