cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i860; the printer cannot do an automatic alignment (11 orange LED flashes).

sy
Apprentice

i860; the printer cannot do an automatic alignment (11 orange LED flashes). White bars in color printouts.

1.Two test printheads show identical symptoms.

2. All ink cartridges are full.

3. Both printheads went through thorough cleanings (hot water rinses).

4. The encoder strip was cleaned.

5. Nozzle check displays all colors.

6. Nozzle check displays horizontal white lines on some color bars.

Please advise. Thanks beforehand.

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi sy,

Since you are unable to perform an automatic print head alignment, we can try performing a manual print head alignment as well as print head deep cleaning using the printer's built-in deep cleaning function to resolve the issue.  So we can provide instruction on how to perform the manual alignment and deep cleaning, please reply with what operating system is on your computer (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or version of Mac OS X). 

We look forward to further assisting you!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us .

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The operating system I'm using is Windows 7. I might add that I also cannot do a Manual Alignment with this printer. I've done a deep cleaning on two functional printheads to no avail. These printheads were also soaked, rinsed and blow dried. A nozzle check shows all colors are OK. In spite of all of this, the printer is totally functional. It just doesn't fuse colors accurately.

Hi sy,

Based on the information provided, I recommend contacting us to review your service options since it appears that the printer is malfunctioning or the printhead is damaged.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 7

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements