how do i fix error code 6A00 on the LCD screen of my Canon PIXMA MP810

drews
Apprentice

how do i fix error code 6A00 on the LCD screen of my Canon PIXMA MP810 

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hello drews,

To try and resolve the 6A00 error, we will want to ensure that no paper jams or obstructions exist in the printer.  To do this, please follow the steps below:

ASF / Paper Output Slot

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Remove paper from the ASF.

3. Gently pull the jammed paper out.

1. If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

2. If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

4. If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the scanning unit (printer cover) and remove the paper from inside the printer.

Note : Be careful not to touch the components inside the printer.

5. Turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off.
    (If the jammed paper remains in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

6. Load paper back into the ASF.

7. Press <OK> to clear the message and continue printing. If you are printing from an application software, follow the instructions displayed on your computer.

Paper jams inside the printer

1. Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.

2. Remove the jammed paper slowly using the following procedure.

1. Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.

2. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.

3. Stand the printer with the rear side down, holding the document cover.

4. Press the tabs together and pull the green cover toward you.

5. Check if the paper is jammed.
      (If you were not doing Duplex printing, you do not have to follow this procedure.)

6. Close the green cover and place the printer back to a normal position.

3. Reconnect the power cord and power on the printer. Confirm the Alarm light is off.

4. Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.

5. Press <OK> to clear the message and continue printing. If you are printing from an application software, follow the instructions displayed on your computer.

Clearing credit card-sized paper jammed inside the printer

Credit card-sized and 4" x 6" sized paper must be loaded properly. If this media is not loaded properly, it will feed into the printer and will not exit. Credit card-sized paper should only be loaded in the ASF and in portrait orientation. 4" x 6" sized paper can be loaded in the ASF or cassette. But must be loaded portrait orientation.

If credit card-sized paper was loaded in landscape orientation in the ASF and did not eject (exit), please follow this procedure.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Load the same paper type that is jammed inside the printer in portrait orientation.

3. Power on the printer.
    The paper stock in the ASF will automatically feed the jammed paper from the printer.

4. To resume printing, load the paper in portrait orientation.

If 4" x 6" sized paper was loaded in landscape orientation in the cassette and did not eject (exit), please follow this procedure.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Open the rear cover.

3. Fold in four a piece of letter-sized plain paper.

4. Push in the folded paper until it hits the jammed paper.

5. If the jammed paper is visible from inside the printer area, pull it out and proceed to step 7.

6. If the jammed paper cannot be pulled out, push in the folder paper from the rear so the jammed paper is in between the feed rollers.

7. Pull out the folded paper and close the rear cover.

8. Power on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off.  The jammed paper should automatically eject.

9. To resume printing, load the paper in portrait orientation.

If you still experience the same error after performing the steps above, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error persists, unfortunately, the printer will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain your servicing options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am not sure how you qualify as a product "expert".

The solution you provided fixes nothing.

There is no paper to be found anywhere in the printer yet it keeps displaying this code which makes the printer useless.

Usually a printer would say "Paper Jam" and not display a code.  In any case, I followed all your steps but there is NO paper anywhere and printer still does not work.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Haha,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Haha wrote:
http://customwritingcompany.com/

I am not sure how you qualify as a product "expert".

The solution you provided fixes nothing.

There is no paper to be found anywhere in the printer yet it keeps displaying this code which makes the printer useless.

Usually a printer would say "Paper Jam" and not display a code.  In any case, I followed all your steps but there is NO paper anywhere and printer still does not work.

This is weird I've managed to solve the same situation by following exactly instructions above.

Announcements