cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dis-service done by Canon

lowellgray
Apprentice

I have been using my Canon i960 printer for years with great results, Unfortunately because of health reasons I was unable to do work in my small office building in my back yard and things froze. When I tried to print, I got an error message that the print head was bad. When I tried to purchase a new head I found Canon has no place to purchase one or a place to get an official Canon part. However the Internet is loaded with scammers who sell used, bad printer heads described as new. They are wrapped in protective envelopes and they have the wrong plastic cover over the nozzles. When you examine them you can see dried ink around the nozzles. Cannon does a dis-service by not providing new print heads directly or through an authorized independent vendor. If i'm wrong about this I would like to know where to purchase a print head.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The 960 is over 13 yrs old. Products cannot be supported indefinitely.  Sorry that you believe Canon has done you a dis-sevcie here.  I do not agree.  They are not the only manufacturer doing this.   Epson, HP, etc. don't support or continue to make parts for their 10 + yr old printers either.  My feelings aside, maybe its time for a new printer. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

I've had my i960 probably for at least 13 years and it still makes beautiful prints. I'm going to be heartbroken when it finally conks out. It's endured upgrades from WinXP, to Win7 and currently Win10 and there seems to be no stopping it. But the inks are getting harder to find, even from third party sources. And I don't expect it to last forever.

When the time comes, I hope that I can find a replacement that lasts even half as long.

Announcements