cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking printer status

ansible90
Apprentice

how do i cancel the "checking printer status" message that appears on bootup.  It can sometimes take minutes to try to find one printer in the next room.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly where you're seeing this message (on the computer, on the printer, or somewhere else), and what kind of connection there is between your computer and your printer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

The Checking Printer Status message comes up on the desktop in a standard Windows message box.  It just has the message.  There are no ok or cancel buttons.  No X button in upper right corner to close the message box.

The message comes up when the Windows desktop appears - either after bootup or after coming out of hibernate.  It seems to hold up the rest of the bootup functions until it finds the printer.

I want to know if there is any way to change the behavior of this message.  Is there something in the driver or printer software that I can change?   Seems that it shouldnt have to look for the printer until I send a print job.

This is a Canon  MG5220 connected via wifi.  

Hi ansible90,

This message is coming up from the status monitor which does not use very much system resoures.  If your computer is booting up slowly, there are likely other programs that are making a larger demand on your resources than the status monitor. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements