cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon ip7200 doesn't print anymore

siacintia
Apprentice

Hi, 

my printer, a canon ip7200, stopped responding yesterday. But the mystery is that no error message appears, hence, the message confirms the job is "printing" and the main button is blinking like if it had received the information. I restarted the printer, checked the ink, unplugged and pluged but nothing has changed. I have no idea where is the problem.

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 23.09.39.png

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi siacintia,

Please try reinstalling your iP7720.  To do this, please disconnect the USB cable and follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click on the Canon iP7200 on the left side and then the [-] at the bottom to remove it.

4.  Repeat until all iP7200's are remove from this window.

Next, please download the latest driver using this link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-single-function/ip...

On that page, please click the Select button next to "iP7200 series CUPS Printer Driver" and then the Download button.

Once downloaded, please open/run the file and a disk image will be created on your desktop.

Double click the disk image and hte setup file within to reinstall your iP7220, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted.

When the installation is complete, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements