cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon i9900 printhead cleaning

cyrus2goodman
Apprentice

Hi, CG 3 here and I need some help. I have a canon i9900 printer (love it).  Having a problem cleaning my printhead. Printer is 8 years old. Maybe changed printheads 2 times. I usually use a clog buster to clean the heads but saw  that hot water will work. Getting water out was probmatic for me. And

Black head was still clogged only black. Used a clog buster did nozzel check everything was A - OK.

printed that night for a couple of hours that night. Next night black printhead was clogged again.

Cleaned the heads again printed fine. Next night same thing black is clogged again. Using canon Ink

brought through Amazon, a full cartridge. Don't wanna use compatible inks and really don't wanna buy another printhead. Has anyone had this problem. BCI 6 ink is no longer sold in stores to check if its the ink. Maybe there is a fix before I buy more ink ( expensive) help me if you can.

1 REPLY 1

printeruser11
Apprentice
Hi Cyrus2Goodman,

Could you possibly tell me where you got the printheads for the i9900? You mentioned replacing your printhead twice in the past eight years.

Thank you!

Oscar
Announcements