cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I feed paper longer than 19 "from a roll into the PIXMA iP8720

fbh1028
Apprentice

Can the PIXMA iP8720 handle longer paper then 19" fed from a role?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi fbh1028,

The PIXMA iP8720 does not have a cutting blade.  A cutting blade is necessary to cut the paper from the roll once printing is complete.  Other printers have this feature, the PIXMA iP8720 does not.  This is why printing from roll paper is not supported.

You can use the roll paper, as long as the paper is cut before it is placed in your PIXMA iP8720.

In regards to the 26" limit, there isn't a work around or update that would allow for longer paper to be used.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fbh1028,

When using a custom size set in the printer driver, the maximum length the PIXMA iP8720 can print on is 26.61".

Please note, roll paper is not supported by the PIXMA iP8720.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So I assume if I cut a 26" piece from the roll I can feed that single sheet into the printer?

Is there any way around the limit in the driver?

Thanks,

Fred

Hi fbh1028,

The PIXMA iP8720 does not have a cutting blade.  A cutting blade is necessary to cut the paper from the roll once printing is complete.  Other printers have this feature, the PIXMA iP8720 does not.  This is why printing from roll paper is not supported.

You can use the roll paper, as long as the paper is cut before it is placed in your PIXMA iP8720.

In regards to the 26" limit, there isn't a work around or update that would allow for longer paper to be used.

Announcements