cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad results using the Canon Pixma ip 8720

JDH
Contributor

I have been using Canon printer for many years was the Canon Pro 10 printer, The results were very very close to what I saw on my monitor, However with the 8720 printer the results are very bad, in order to make a half decent print I have to adjust the image on my monitor to be very light and very red. The resulting print is ok but not  that good, I tried usin the Canon Easy photo print editor, the print was  a little better but stil not that good, I am using Canon paper but i  have used other brands with the same results. i have set the printer so that the printer decides color. Anyone have any ideas on how to get a decent print using this printer?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Monitor calibration is an important part of a workflow.  If your monitor isn't calibrated, you really have no idea if what you see will be what your outputs look like.

It might also help us if you provide the following:  information about your equipment and work flows..  .

Camera and its settings

Images are RAW or JPG

What program(s) you are printing from besides (Canon Easy Photo Print)

An image of your program settings

An example image of your output

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements