cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're going to laugh but I need photo printing advice

sortof
Contributor

I have a bunch of old printers and I am willing to buy a new one but I thought I would try printing some photos on a NOS ip3500. I know it's cheap and I know it's old but it does say "photo printer" on it so I assume someone once intended it for this purpose. 

The prints are garbage on glossy photo papermade by canon. The colors are way off and chaging color management and profiles and driver management seems to do nothing. But, worse, the detail is atroucious, I mean blurry, everything looks like it's running and the inks are new and the printer has not been used. I'm not expecting miracles but why would I buy a better conon printer when this thing acts like this? I can't imagine anyone printing photos on it. 

Am I missing something? doing something wrong? I could have used a new but cheap canon printer/scanner but this said photo printer on it and I was hoping for something. I am printing 4x^ so this is not a micro-detail issue. Anyone?

10 REPLIES 10

the printer is new but the old model of course. windows 8.1. Dont see how any of this other than the rinter would be the issue, tried different color management things, but the lack of detail is really the issue

Announcements