cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPS driver...?

Pintopony12
Apprentice

Hello! Hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Christmas!!!

I just got a Canon MG5422 and I already have it setup with my router and iPhone and have even printed photos & documents from my phone, everything works. But now I am installing it on my computer (Windows 7, HPg60) and I'm stuck on a installation step, It's a "Software Installation List''. There's a list of softwares that haved checks beside them (MP drivers, On-screen manual,My printer,My Image Garden, Quick Menu, Adobe RGB 1999, and Easy-Web Print EX. The last software though is ''XPS driver'' and it is NOT checked. I read online that it has somewhat to do with printing photos from Canon cameras (??). I do not currently have a camera, but I do hope to buy one in the near future (Amuture Photographer, Mainly animals and portraits) but I'm not sure what brand I want yet. I'm really confused as to whether or not I should install XPS driver. Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1

Julius
Rising Star

Hello, Pintopony12!

There is no need to worry, as the XPS driver is not required for most of your printing.  The XPS printer driver supports 16 bit printing, which is only supported by certain applications.  If you ever find that you need this driver in the future, you can easily download it from our website:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5422#D...

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements