cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't print

tuctam
Apprentice

Brand new pixma 6820.  Everything is on, plugged in correctly.  Will not print jobs in the Q.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Danny

Hi, tuctam!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon printer you're using.  We've made two different models with the number 6820 in its name, so please let us know whether yours is the PIXMA iX6820 or the PIXMA MG6820. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for your response.  Its a Pixma IX6820.  I ran a test page alright.  The computer shows the printer and its says it online.  

I just don't know what else to try.

its a MG6820 the tots move on the screen on the printer, but  it  never prints a thing.

its an MG6820   with win   10,,

Ramona
Authority

Hi tuctam,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X), as well as if the printer is connected wirelessly or via USB cable.

For more immedate assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm having the same issues. Running Windows. The computer and printer are interfacing. My problem is when I go to print something the print queue says the printer is out of paper. I've taken all the paper out, I've tried new paper. I can copy something with no problem, so that is not the issue.

Please help. My wife is very frustrated.

Hi Bill52674,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

boomer47
Apprentice

New TS8260 connecetd to iMac via USB cable.

Running iMac Mojave

Computer shows printer connected.

When I  input a print command, the printer icon on the computer shows 1 job waiting. Today; nothing. No printer sound to indicate printing in progress..

It DID print a test page today, so that suggest the issue is with the connection to the computer, BUT, computer says connected.

Working perfectly yesterday, on printed page and graphics .

I  suspect I have done something wrong or omitted to do something simple. I will do some research and will share if Imanage to resolve the issue myself.

Fixed.

Just as I was getting really annoyed, I went back to basics:

Turned off printer. Removee the printer from computer settings. Removed USB cable.Turned computer off. Replaced USB cable. Turned computer on. Checked computer rsettings; printer showed as connected., Turned on printer. 

Sent job to printer (graphics)  Page printed. Cheapest paper; qulaity of graphics very good.

Announcements