cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10

brianwall
Apprentice

I am dismayed that with Win10 just weeks away from launching, the only information I could find on any Canon site was discouraging.

Quote:

"

Microsoft have announced that Windows 10, the new version of their operating system, will be released on 29 July 2015. This will be a free upgrade for current users of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices.

We are currently determining our driver support for this new operating system and this page will be updated with further information shortly.

and

Canon takes those decisions in the knowledge that the production of drivers and software support comes at a direct financial cost. So, while Canon certainly respects our customer’s choice to decide to upgrade technologies, Canon cannot guarantee that older Canon products will continue to be supported by the new operating system.

I have been using Win10 Tech Preview almost all year so I hardly think it will come as a shock to Canon that there is a new OS due! No Canon driver I have tried seems to work correctly on my Win10 build 10130. Win10 is technically very similar to Win7 and Win8.1 so I can't imagine it is rocket science for Canon to put out a working driver, even for a printer I bought just two years ago.

Or are Canon going to tell me my  Pixma ip8750 is obsolete already?

The arrogance of the company when it says as quoted above that it is my lookout if I keep up to date with Windows is staggering. disgraceful attitude and service.

1 REPLY 1

ritwilli
Apprentice

I bought my iP8750 very  + spare set of ink cartridges recently and have used it 2 times

Upgraded to Windows 10

Oh dear......can no longer print anything on my shiney new printer

I got rid of my old A3 printer as it was no longer supported - nothing wrong with it at all, just no drivers

Now it happening again only the iP8750 looks obsolete before I even get to use it

NUTS........

Announcements