cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my Pixma MP 980 sometimes print and other times give me 5700 paper jam msg untrue?

marykennedy
Apprentice

I'm having trouble with an erratic printer Pixma MP 980. Somtimes it prints (wireless connection) and other times it receives job but doesn't do it, saying there's a paper jam (error msg 5700 - turn off printer, get jammed paper out - there is no jammed paper - and if it doesn't work then, consult manual.)

Manual has nothing about this in Troubleshooting that I can find. Why does the printer work sometimes, then not? It repeats even after I turn it on and off, but only after a successful printing. Then next job is error, but no paper jam to prove it.

2 REPLIES 2

jfo
Rising Star

Maybe one of the paper rollers is not sticky enough to be able to pick up paper anymore?

Ramona
Authority

Hello marykennedy,

Unfortunately, when the 5700 error repeatedly displays on the printer, the printer will require servicing to determine the exact cause of the issue.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain servicing options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements