cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I need cmyk ink to print black only

issicus
Apprentice
I AWAYS print in grey scale black only and yet I have gone through countless cmyk cartridges. WHY???

Does anyone from canon read this stuff? Cant you guys break from the industry standard and put out an update so it will print black with only the page black installed?

I have a pixima ix6820 and it works great except for this. Thank god of cheap generic ink .
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is straight from Canon:

When printing graphics or color in grayscale, mixtures of the color inks will be used to produce shades of blacks and gray.  The PGI-250 black tank is only used when text is printing on plain paper.  When a different type of paper is used, or graphics/photos are printed, the color tanks will be used.  There is no option to isolate the black ink tank for printing photos or graphics.  We do not have any 3rd party drivers or workarounds that we can recommend in this case.

Hope this answers your question.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Unless you use some sort of half-tone screen, you can't get grey from black ink.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements