cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my photos?

kiddee
Contributor

I have a Canon MX922 printer.  When I scan a photo or other image I can't access them, or save them as .jpgs for use in other documents, videos, etc.  They are in My Image Garden, but I can't seem to save them to My Pictures.  I don't see them in My Pictures.  I tried searching the manual and didn't come up with anything.  In Menu on the printer I don't see a way to tell the printer where to save them.  I tried following the path into Programs/Canon, etc, but don't see the photos.  There has to be an easy answer.  Would love to hear it! 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kiddee,

1. Place your item face down on the PIXMA MX922's platen (scan glass).

2. Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner (and then All Programs if using Windows 7).

3. Click on Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility and then click on IJ Scan Utility to start the IJ Scan Utility.

4. Click the Settings... button in the lower right hand corner.

5. Click Photo Scan on the left hand side of the Settings window.

6. Place a checkmark next to "Check scan results".

7. Click OK. This will return you to the main screen of the IJ Scan Utility.

8. Click the Photo button.

9. Scanning will startand once complete, the Save Settings dialog box will appear.

10. Give the scan a unique name, entered in the "File Name" box.

11. In the "Save In" box, select the Desktop as the location to save the scanned image.

12. Click OK.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kiddee,

1. Place your item face down on the PIXMA MX922's platen (scan glass).

2. Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner (and then All Programs if using Windows 7).

3. Click on Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility and then click on IJ Scan Utility to start the IJ Scan Utility.

4. Click the Settings... button in the lower right hand corner.

5. Click Photo Scan on the left hand side of the Settings window.

6. Place a checkmark next to "Check scan results".

7. Click OK. This will return you to the main screen of the IJ Scan Utility.

8. Click the Photo button.

9. Scanning will startand once complete, the Save Settings dialog box will appear.

10. Give the scan a unique name, entered in the "File Name" box.

11. In the "Save In" box, select the Desktop as the location to save the scanned image.

12. Click OK.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. I followed your instructions and got what I wanted - an opportunity to put the scanned photo where I wanted it.  Is this in the manual?  I did a search, but may not have used the right words and came up with nothing.  I had no idea what the Canon Utility was for, and didn't come across it when searching.  Again, thank you.

Announcements