Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ts5000 series drivers -please help

Ha33y
Apprentice
I just purchased the ts5051
I am using PC win 7 x64
All installation went smoothly, drivers, software, all good. The printer is now on my system via USB. Appears as the default printer in printers and devices..great!
I try to print....NO PRINTER IS INSTALLED ON YOUR SYSTEM...hmmm
I go to printers and devices, click on the printer and then on printer properties and....NO PRINTER IS INSTALLED...
I reinstall the drivers (updated from Canon). Same thing!!!
Something on my pc is blocking it.
I have disabled windows firewall and malware bytes......still the same.
I know the printer works as I installed it on my laptop and it's fine.
Canon tech support can't fix this. It's a Windows thing but I need to track it down.
Please if anyone can help fix this I would be so greatful.
2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello! 

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The PIXMA TS5051 is neither sold nor supported by Canon USA. 

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thank you for your response and although I understand what you say, surely there will be similar or alternative models to the 5051 also, the driver says ts5000 series, therefore a windows fix (if anyone knows) would cover the whole series.

After all, this doesn't seem to be a model specific problem, rather just my windows blocking the printer. Need to find out why.....

I do ope someone has better ideas than Canon UK, since they were unable to help me.

Announcements