cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with pgi5bk cartridge?

2littl2late
Apprentice

I have a Canon iP4300 printer that has received light to "average" use.  I noticed that when I printed pages of type, either on the fast or standard quality setting, there are light and darker lines of type. (I don't know if it's related to this problem, but when printing color photos, I've seen a progressive increase over time of visible lines in the prints.)

All the cartridges are new Canon brand, plenty of ink in each one, and I performed two regular head cleanings and a deep cleaning, with no improvement.

Here is a scan of the test page I printed after all the head cleaning:

w-scan004.jpg

When I started the deep cleaning, the PGI5BK ink reservoir was about 1/2 full, but was empty when the process was completed, and then I got the "out of ink" message.

Any ideas what's going on, and could I have a defective PGI5BK cartridge? But that wouldn't explain the gradual appearance over time of lines in the color photos, I've been noticing this for some time.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello 2littl2late.

Unfortunately, if the black grid will not print correctly after cleanings have been done, the unit may have to be serviced.

Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements