cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thick color lines appearing in the dark graphics

peterglass
Apprentice

I have a Pixma iP7220 printer that has been working well for the past several years. I usually print documents that have both text and graphics. I recently began noticing thick green or green and blue lines appearing horizontally through the darker graphics (never in the text or in the lighter graphics). This occurs when I print both in BxW and color.

All the ink cartridges have plenty of ink in them. I removed all the cartridges from the printer and reinserted them. I performed all the suggested maintenance operations including head cleaning and print head alignment. I did a Nozzle Check and the printout was normal. I uploaded a new driver from the Canon website. I took turns plugging the printer into AC sockets that were on two different circuit breakers.

This problem occurs with the Print Quality set to "Normal". This is the setting I've been using for 99% of my printing. However, when I set the Print Quality to "High", the problem goes away and the printing is perfect.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you are:

-Using Canon Inks

-Have performed all maintenance tasks

-Using correct settings for the media or paper type you are printing to

You should not be getting any (green or blue) colors when printing B&W. 

The printhead might be nearing the end of its useable life.  One last thing I might try is removing and reseating the printhead  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick -

Thanks for the reply.

You mentioned the following: "The printhead might be nearing the end of its useable life". I thought each ink cartridge had its own printhead.

Thanks -

Peter Glass

Hi peterglass,

If reseating the printhead (CLICK HERE) does not resolve this issue, your PIXMA iP7220 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 11 AM ET (8 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements