cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is a greenish tint to my black and white photos, how can I make them a true black and white?

MarthaG
Apprentice

I have the Canon Pimxa ix6520 and when I print out my black and white photos they have a greenish tint to them. Is there a setting or something on the printer to make them a true black and white color?

1 REPLY 1

cicopo
Elite

There are a number of things that could cause this including the method you used to convert them from color (I'm assuming they were shot in color) to black & white, or that your printer doesn't do black & white well. I say that based fully on things I've read & not from experience because the only black & white I've done was from film in a darkroom. The fastest way to isolate which is causing it is to get one of your photos (that you've printed) printed at a commercial shop to see how it looks. If it's got the colorcast it's not your printer but the file you created. If it prints correctly then it's a printer / paper related issue. Because a lot of people don't understand the full relationship between the taking of a photo, looking at it on a monitor & then manipulating it using an editing program with their monitor at maximum brightness there are a lot of bad files being sent to a printer which then come out wrong relative to the image on screen. I recommend you read this as well as get a print done at a store.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1132002

Calibrating a quality monitor to match a printer's output is very important to the final outcome but very few have a clue as to what it even means.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements