cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to Reset Ink Absorber Counter in ip6220D?

Hummer
Contributor

Hello Community -

I am looking for the procedure to reset the waste ink absorber counter on the Canon Pixma ip6220D Printer. I am getting error 5B00, but prior to that I was getting an error about the waste ink absorber being full. I don't want to or have to replace the absorber but to stop the error I need to reset the counter. This happened once before a couple years ago and resetting the counter fixed it  but I have lost the instructions. Does anyone have them?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Hummer
Contributor

Moderator -

I figured out the solution to my problem and posted it here, but it has disappeared. Why?

Hi Hummer,

The "Ink absorber is almost full" message appears when the absorber reaches 85% capacity.  Pressing the "OK" button should clear the message and you can continue printing.  Once the absorber reaches 100%, all printer functions will cease until the printer is serviced, which can only be done at an Authorized Service Facility (ASF.) 

It is not recommended to service the printer yourself, as this can damage the unit.

We can locate the nearest ASF to you based on your ZIP code, or you have the option of replacing your printer.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Okay, but I just want to say, Canon Support told me it is usually more expensive to service a printer at an ASF than it is to purchase a new one. So I figure I have nothing to lose by trying to fix it myself. If it gets damaged so be it. I will buy a new one at that point.

What is the nearest ASF to 04103?  Thank you. 

Why can't I delete and reload the software to reset the counter?  Canon no longer supports this printer.

How surprised I was to see a reply to this post!  It was posted 3 years ago.  I am still using this printer however and I found another way to reset the counter.  Though I wonder if your idea might work too. Bye.

Hello, can you please share what you did to continue printing? Did you ever replace the absorber? 

Announcements