cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy CP910 ink cartridge is jammed and cannot be removed

seadog67
Apprentice

I have a Canon Selphy CP910.

The ink cartridge is jammed in the printer and cannot eject.

How do I remove the ink cartridge.

This is the second unit I have owned that this happened.  I replaced the unit with a new one, and it hapened again.

The removable cartridge will not eject.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1. Turn the printer off.

2. Open the side of the printer to access the ink cartridge.

3. Push the cartridge into the printer to ensure that it is secure.

4. Turn the printer on and back off again.

Once this has been done, try to remove the ink cartridge from the unit.

If the issue persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1. Turn the printer off.

2. Open the side of the printer to access the ink cartridge.

3. Push the cartridge into the printer to ensure that it is secure.

4. Turn the printer on and back off again.

Once this has been done, try to remove the ink cartridge from the unit.

If the issue persists, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After disassembling the unit, I realized the motor to the roller was still engaged and did not have a mechanical realease point.  The unit was reassembled and the ON-and-OFF-and-ON process released the roller, and the cassette popped out.  This is a problem I over thought.  Yes, the simple solution is usually the best solution (humility gained); my wife can't stop laughing!  Thanks for your help... seadog67

Worked perfect, but I did have to cut the ink plastic sheet(reel) that was sticking out of the paper feed in The back. After turning off and on I just had to wiggle the ink out and all is good. I had the tools out to take this apart and. Soooo glad I checked and just pushed a button twice instead. Haha. Love my printer

I tried the on-off-on; the printer whirred but no help.  So I took the case off (4 screws inside deep wells near corners).  I then removed the mechanism (3 larger screws).  After poking around looking for what was retaining the cartridge, I found a bar up and in the way.  I figured that this bar would move clear during the on-off-on whirring.  I then noticed that the white plastic gear on the very small motor way at the rear was not engaged with its gear.  So I cleaned the shaft with a good solvent, applied a very tiny droplet of super glue, then pushed the gear back in place.

Did the ON-OFF thing and the cartridge released, TA-DA!

The ink cartridge released and I replaced it with a new one.  When I attempted to print again, It would not and I got the following message:  "No paper/ink!  Check the paper & ink and replace if needed.  L/P/C"

Josh_Kemmer
Enthusiast
Check this link on page 8. "Preparing the Ink Cassette"

Open the covers and try to stretch the ink sheet by turning the sprocket as shown in page 8 in the manual. 
Happiness for your Printer

Jeannykwee
Apprentice
I tried to off and on the printer again, but it still stuck. Should i open up the printer and see if i can remove the ink?

Isabella4au
Apprentice

I had similar problem too. After searching the net, the problem is the design of the ink cartridge itself. There's a piece of plastic at the inside end that prevents it from coming out. That small piece of plastic is connecting the ends of the ink cartridge together. Once you open it and look, you will notice that a solid piece of metal is blocking the ink cartridge from coming out.
I opened up the printer, break the small piece of plastic, then it can come out without problem. However, the printer now have a error message which says paper jam.

If the solution is not fulfill your requirment ,you may call Printer Support Number [personal information removed per forum guidelines] and resolve your issues remotely access. 

exramsfan
Apprentice

Forget the technical aspect. . . .get a pair of needle nosed pliers and pry the **bleep** cartridge out.  When the cartridge jams, unplug the printer (duh) since the cellophane has likely jammed inside the printer.  I had to pull all of the cellophane from the printer to get to the stage of prying out the cartridge.  Since my cartridge was pretty new, I had a crapload of cellophane on my desk but not worries, no ink gets on your hands,Once done prying out the cartridge (don't fret because it will take some force to get the cartridge out.  Once the back piece of place breaks, the cartridge will finally come out), you will need to plug the printer back in (without the cartridge) so the cartridge chamber "resets".  Once done, you should be able to put a new cartridge into the printer (Canon Selphy 1300 was my model).  Perhaps an unconventional solution but beats buying another printer!

Announcements