cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy CP900 Displaying Question Mark Error When Inserting Memory Card

AUDIOMIND
Apprentice

Using a Canon Selphy CP900 and there appears to be a defect that if you edit the images in Photoshop, the Selphy doesn't recognize the images and refuses to display them on the screen or print them. Just a question mark is displayed. It does this to some images, but not all so I'm thinking it has something to do with the Exif data, but unsure.

There is something on the Canon Support page regarding this error, but no real solution to it.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/selphy_compact_photo_series/se...

Please advise.

36 REPLIES 36

Dxermike
Contributor
By mistake I pressed the zoom plus button while the screen showed the question mark and my photo suddenly appeared! No logical reason why this happens but it works. Give it a try.

Annalie
Apprentice
Perfect. I will try that. Thx

TechGal78
Apprentice

I found a way around this...

Say You have a Photo that prints with selphy Example: PrintablePhoto.jpg

But you have a different photo that you edited, Got from the net, or made yourself Example: MyAwesomePhoto.jpg

Make a copy on the computer (Not on the selphy) of the PrintablePhoto.jpg

Bring Both the copied PrintablePhoto(1).jpg and The MyAwesomePhoto.jpg Into a editing program

Now Resize MyAwesomePhoto.jpg to the same demetions as PrintablePhoto.jpg and Make your other changes Color correction or whatever you want to add to it. Then when MyAwesomephoto.jpg is how you want it right click it and select cut, now go to Printable image in the editor and right click paste. Now line it all up the way you want it and save PrintablePhoto(1).jpg you can rename it later.

The reason why this works is because printable photo has Information from your camera called Exif Data which is the date and time, Camera it was taken with, excetra But web photos and self created photos don't always have this type of data and so they wont be recognized. By putting the photo you want over one that prints in your photo editor your giving the file the same data as it had from the printable photo but its a different image your tricking it into thinking it was taken on the same day and your tricking it to think it was taken by your camera vs being created. 

It still may give you a ? mine did before and after I changed the photo. 

But the before photo showed ? and  said Cannot Recognize Image 

The photo after pasting it over the PrintablePhoto.jpg showed question mark but when I hit Print it printed out just fine. 

Sportygurl
Apprentice

After much research..i found the absolute easiest fix to this very annoying problem. Go to the picture u r having problems with..open it in another program..i used "paint"....go to save as and change the name to "PrintablePhoto (1).jpg" If u are doing more than on at a time like me...u can use (2) ...(3) etc. Once u print it u can change the name to whatever u like. For me...i had to hit the + button to get the pic to appear once i haf my stick inserted in my printer. Sooo glad i finally got this to work. I was so frusterated. If u need more info or if i didn't mak this easy to understand..hit me uo [email address removed per forum guidelines]. Good Luck!!!

Sportygurl
Apprentice
I guess u should have read thru all the posts..u already have ur answer..lol

areeb111
Apprentice

I have solved this issue by:

- Crop the photos to 4" x 6"

- Change image size to 4 inches by 6 inches with 300 dpi.

- Save images as JPG.

- Open the images with Paint and save as JPG again.

- Copy to your USB drive and enjoy printing.

I think because only the Paint App can support the EXIF properties.

By this way you can edit your photos as much as you can with Photoshop or any editor and print them while you are using Windows 10 or newer.

TFOG57
Apprentice

I found a Selphy CP800 printer in a thrift store - But then I had the annoying QUESTION MARK ERROR - after completing my image in Photoshop, it is 4X6 > 1440 px X 960px. Then I export it into a folder called "Selphy Images." I now open Lightroom and import images from my "Selphy Images." folder. Once I have selected the photos and begun to export, I change the file settings - Limit File Size to 50K and Width and Height to W:6 X H: 4. I know it is a process, but I got it to work.    it worked for me.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements