cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy CP900 Displaying Question Mark Error When Inserting Memory Card

AUDIOMIND
Apprentice

Using a Canon Selphy CP900 and there appears to be a defect that if you edit the images in Photoshop, the Selphy doesn't recognize the images and refuses to display them on the screen or print them. Just a question mark is displayed. It does this to some images, but not all so I'm thinking it has something to do with the Exif data, but unsure.

There is something on the Canon Support page regarding this error, but no real solution to it.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/selphy_compact_photo_series/se...

Please advise.

36 REPLIES 36

The menu on my Selphy CP900 only has these options:  Print all images, ID Photo, Change Settings, and Wireless LAN settings.  I do not have a selection called Printer Set Up. I appreciate your tips though.  Not sure why mine is different - maybe a different year model.  Thanks.

Try the menu without the card inserted.

You SAVED me!! 

I've been spending way to long trying to figure this out. And all I wanted to do was print some old photo's of me and my dad to put on a card for him for fathers day (Seeing him tonight!!) and so I took to the interweb when I couldn't figure it out myself..I'm so glad I stumbled upon your reply because I finall managed to get the photo's printed! THANK YOU SO MUCH! #lifechanger

dgobat
Apprentice

We have a CP810 and have the exact same problem. Very disappointing and a waste of money! I will not be advising anybody to purchase this product. Photos taken will often need to be retouched (edited) so what's the point of having a printer that cannot print retouched photos! The responses from Canon support in this post are not very reassuring.

I have tried out now JPGs on SD card and on usb stick, my JPGs have EXIF data (i create JPGs via aperture; i can see the EXIF on the JPG with different tools. If you do not believe me: => http://goo.gl/oCYNtf is an example of such JPG with exif data but which is not recognized by the printer.)

In both cases (sd card, usb-stick) selphy cp900 does not recognize the JPGs.

An official printer driver for OS-X 10.10 (yosemite) is NOT available.
However, i nice guy created a package for a driver for OS-X 10.10 ... but, it looks like that driver in some cases does not work with WIFI but with USB cable only ... but i have no such usb-cable (see http://goo.gl/oVbLTw)

Conclusion:
I have NO posiibility to print!
I'm really annoyed.

When does Canon provide all the software for OS-X 10.10?

How can i print a JPG when transfering via usb stick or sd card?
(No, i do not want to buy a Windows PC to use my printer).

Please help!

Disappointed in the complete lack of interest from Canon in helping out customers with this issue. My printer doesn't recognise ANY format. Just question marks. Would advise people to avoid purchasing one of these.

Here are my latest findings:

When using a UBS cable the printer may work together with OS-X 10.10 (yosemite), however the file must have the right format (width to height ratio) , otherwise the printer denies to do its work; ... somehow cumbersome ...

If you add one JPG to a SD card or an USB stick: The printer shows a big fat question mark "?" indicating he's not reconizing the file, ... BUT it it will print if you push the "PRINT" button ...
... but you have no other possibilites (no "edit", etc. ...)

I'm happy that i can print now at least "somehow" ... but i'm still very disappointed how bad Canon "supports" MAC users which leads to very limited possibilites with the SELPHY printers ...

Try pressing the zoom+ button when you see a question mark instead of a photo.Should see photos when this is done. Works with cp910.

That worked great, who would have thought such a simple solution! when I saw the question mark I thought it wouldn't print, thank you very much Dxermike!

Thanks this worked - unblievably - for me on CP900

Announcements