cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy CP1300 - "Busy"

kmfulto
Apprentice

I got my Selphy CP1300 for Christmas and I've just started really using it. The issue is that I AirPrint maybe 10 - 12 pictures in a row, but then the screen shows "Busy" (the same it shows while transmitting info from my Mac or iPhone when it is actually going to print) but it never prints. I press all the hard buttons available on the printer (slowly and holding them for a period of time), but nothing happens, even when I hold the power button down. I have been trying to wait, but then I pull the plug on it, wait and replug it in. This resets it so that it will work just fine for another set of images. But the same prolonged "Busy" message always appears again eventually.

What can I do when this happens? Or what can I do to stop this from happening? Is the printer just defective?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kmfulto,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer. 

If the printer still has the busy message after the 10-12 prints, please  call support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST or go to the support page for you printer and contact us via chat.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

After performing the steps exactly as you described:

1. Unplug Selphy CP1300 power supply
  2. Wait 60 seconds
  3. Press the power button 5 times
  4. Wait 60 seconds
  5. Plug in power supply

This does not reset the Canon Selphy CP1300, which is evident as it still retains all Wifi connection information. I am trying to resolve the "Busy" issue that I get 100% of the time when using Airprint.

Please advise on the actual way to truly restore this to factory settings.

Hi DontBuyJunk,

To reset your SELPHY CP1300 back to factory defaults, please select [SETUP] on the Home screen and press OK.  Use the arrows to select [Reset all to default] from the list that appears.

The SELPHY CP1300 will temporarily halt printing if it exceeds a specific temperature; this does not indicate a problem. Wait until the printer cools off. During continuous printing, in hot environments, or if the printer's interior becomes hot because the rear-side vent is blocked, the SELPHY CP1300 may temporarily stop printing, causing printing to take longer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements