cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning Problem MX410

renttibw
Apprentice

I'm trying to scan via ADF to a PDF file on a window 8 PC.  Go through the promps on the printer scan to PC , select PC local USB, document type auto scan,  Then display show PC scan standby.  It will not continue from this setting.  If I press start  the screen reas please wait awhile and then reverts back to PC scan standby?  I have no problem printing from the PC but it appears communication from print to PC is flawed.  Any help greatly appreciated.

renttibw

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi renttibw,

Please try scanning from the computer instead of the PIXMA MX410.   To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click Start, select (All) Programs, Canon Utilities, MP Navigator EX and then MP Navigator EX.

2.  Point to Scan/Import and click Stack of Documents (ADF).

3.  Place the documents on the ADF (Auto Document Feeder).

3-1.  Open the Document Tray.

3-2.  Place the documents on the ADF (Auto Document Feeder), then adjust the Paper Guides to the width of the documents.  Insert the documents face-up until a beep sounds.

4.  Select Document Type, Color Document(Duplex), Black and White Document(Duplex) or Text(Duplex).

5.  Click Specify... .

6.  Check the Automatic Duplex Scanning checkbox.

7.  Click the Output Settings button.

8.  Select Output By Page.

9.  Click OK.

10.  Click OK again to return to the Scan/Import window.

11.  Click the green Scan button to begin scanning.

You should be able to scan your document.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements