cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELPHY CP900 + Windows 8 support

darktiger
Apprentice

Windows 8 has been out for a few months now.  The Selphy CP900 just came out after Win8.  How come there is no Win8 driver support for Selphy CP900 yet?  Is there an estimated date this will be available?

27 REPLIES 27

Sorry to hear that. I must now add Canon to join Epson and Samsung on the list of companies I will never purchase ANY products from.

just an excuse to make me buy the cp910 witch has windows 8 drivers

canon needs to stop lying to the public. selphy cp 910 has windows drivers.

tnorris
Apprentice

While it is completely unconscionable that Canon has no plans to update the driver for Windows 8, I can confirm that the procedure found on dpreview works well. It behaves perfectly, appears as a printer, etc.

SteveSFO
Apprentice

I am also disappointed with the response.  Although I could use this device on my Mac, I've just transitioned back to Windows.  The standalone use is OK but has limited this device so much that I am oferring it for sale along with three boxes of paper/ink kits.

At this point I am extremely dissappointed with this product. I purchased the Selphy CP900 for my 13 year old daughter to print from her iphone which seems like the perfect usage for this printer. Except that it won't print from the iphone running IOS 7. It doesn't appear in "ad hoc" mode or "infrastructure" mode. It also isn't availble to my macbook pro running 10.8.4. Or my Lenovo laptop running Windows 8.1. None of these operating systems are supported by the software and the printer doesn't appear as available in any of the machines. And it doesn't appear as available to our machine running Windows 7.

If the only option is to print from a memory card then I'm returning the machine. If my daughter has to copy her pictures to a computer then to a memory card what is the point of having this portable printer?

Hello hart!

Using the Selphy CP900 as a “normal” WiFi printer from Windows 8, using the latest Windows 7 driver does work. All you have to do is to install it, using “Advanced startup” to disable driver signing enforcement. It also works with Windows 8.1, but for how long, with future versions, no one can tell.

Read the reply provided by user amiral17 and also described here:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/07/10/Canon-Selphy-CP900

I agree that this is very bad handled by Canon. I have been working with IT for 47 years now, and I do make sure, that none of my customers, family, friends and all others I can affect, never, ever, by any Canon-product any more! Pure support is the reason

So Canon how about finally getting the drivers ready? You let us pay a lot of money for a product that barely gets suport! Why the h3ll would i even want any more Canon products if I know that you won't support newer OS versions?
Announcements