cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resurrecting Selphy CP730

dani22
Apprentice

Hi Everyone!!!

I hope someone could help me on this one. I just resurrected our old Selphy CP730 printer and I even bought a bluetooth 2.0 usb and it worked when I inserted it. The only problem that I am having was most of my images are not read or appears to be broken image when transferred to the printer, hence, couldn't print it. But when I was able to find my old photos from my old canon digicam, it appears to work on the printer. 

Could it be possible that images nowadays are improving together with the gadgets that we have? If so, can anyone tell me how to work on my photos (from any devices/web) so that it can be read by my Selphy C730 printer? I really want to use it because it would really be such a waste if I just let it stuck here and buy another printer.

Thanks in advance!

Dani 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

We only support Bluetooth communication with the use of the BU-20 adapter which has been out of production for quite some time.

If you are using the BU-20, make sure that the printer and transmitting device are no more than 10m (33 ft.) apart.

Make sure that your bluetooth transmitting device supports OPP (object push protocol) or BIP (Basic Imaging Profile).

Also, make sure that the image data is in JPEG format in sizes of 4MB or less. 

If you are attempting to print from a computer, make sure that you are installing the printer on a computer that is running Windows 7 and earlier or Mac OSX v10.4 and earlier.

Please note, this printer was produced in 2006 when these smaller file size limitations and Bluetooth protocols were mainstream.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael!

Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm that I should use an image from a lower system as opposed to the technology that we have now?

Cheers,
Dani
Announcements