cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Faxes MX 922

jzlako
Contributor

I'm having trouble with my Verizon fios and my new Canon MX 922 all-in-one printer.  I cannot receive faxes.  The faxes sent to me sounds like fax but it just beeps. When receiving a fax, I MUST pick up the handset at the printer in order for the fax machine to pick up and receive the fax. What's supposed to happen (on Telephone Priority mode) is the fax should pickup either when handset picked up, OR answering machine picks up. If I let the answering machine pick up I cannot receive faxes from the other telephones in the house all I hear is a constant beep.  Then the fax does not answer and ends after the answering machine picks up. I have turned off call waiting  and Verizon voicemail. Again the fax tone comes through but all I receive our beep tones and my fax machine does not pick up. It worked just fine on my previous Samsung printer.

Does anyone have any suggestions or help?  Verizon says everything should work with their system including faxing. 

22 REPLIES 22

Just bought the Cannon MX 922 and have the same problem. Had HP many years with no problems easy set up. Will return and go back to HP

lmmjem725
Apprentice

i am tryinhg to send faxes but it isn't working . i checked my connections they seem right . it sounds like it is sending the fax and it just stops and makes a alarming sound and it prints out incomplete transmission  tx/rx 0089. Don't know what to do  please help 

Hi lmmjem725,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements