cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ip6700D

Howard_9
Apprentice

I have a Pixma ip6700D. It has worked fine for years, but a few days ago when I turned it on, it showed a U150 error, "the following ink tank cannot be recognized" and the display indicated the magenta ink tank.

This has happened with this tank once or twice before, and simply removing and replacing it has fixed it, but now that doesn't help. I have tried cleaning the contacts, and unplugging the printer for ten+ minutes. No success with those, so I swapped the yellow tank with the magenta and the error still showed the magenta tank as being at fault. Nothing about the yellow slot having the wrong color ink in it. I stuck an extra  black ink tank in the magenta slot - removing the magenta tank from the printer - and got the same error.

Do I have a dead printer?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, Michael.

I sent the support group an email a few days ago.

Can you tell me how long it typically takes to get a reponse from them?

Hi, Howard_9!

Our email support team usually answers quite promptly.  If this much time has passed since you sent the email, it has most likely already been responded to.  

Be sure to check your spam folder, as it's possible the response may have wound up in there.

Otherwise, if you need faster help, you can also reach us by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10 AM to 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

We hope this helps!

Announcements