Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Pro-100 prints my B&W in sepia

I have now struggeled with this for months. Cannot get desant B&W prints. They all turn out to be sepia or brownish. I print from Photo Shop Elements 11 using Print Studio Pro. Yes the B&W tag is checked. The only way would be to remove all the color cartridges, but then the thing does not print. Should I buy a separate dedicated B&W printer?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Pro-100 prints my B&W in sepia

Are you working from a color image that you want to print in B&W or are you trying to print an image you have converted to B&W in software?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Frequent Contributor

Yes I have and the images are originally B&W scanned fotos. Using Print Studio Pro and have check the B&W button. The print gives hint of brownish or pinkish shade.
Honored Contributor

The B&W option is for converting color to B&W, or when you want to print a B&W print and adjust the tone. Try unchecking that option and printing. I get very good results that way.

Here are manuals: https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/Canon+Pro-100+Manuals/_9e886cddfbc04caa9248d99e17228c5b

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Frequent Contributor

Thanks
Yes indeed there is a difference. B&W unchecked gives a sharper more deep black result. Now then after a long struggle to reach this comes the odd feeling when being able to compare those two results, do I nonetheless like the original one? But anyway thanks a lot.
Honored Contributor

You can also "tune" the print by printing the ring around. Color and B&W.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH