cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from AI, Pinks are printing peachy coloured - Printer IP8750

Apprentice

462B30C2-ED9E-4137-8D4D-B1F80B08A169.jpegHi, I have just purchased a ip8750 printer, installed all drivers in the set up process.

I have created a file in Adobe Illustator, document settings were cmyk, 300dpi.

I have then selected print, let illustrator determine colours, printer profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1, Renering intent Relative Colorimetric.

The document printed but pinks had a slight peachy colour to them, I have then used the exact same settings as above and printed on my MG3600 and colours are perfect.

I read somewhere to try turning off colour management for the printer so I selected Setup at the bottom of the print section, selected my printer then preferences, then clicked the Main Tab, Colour/ intensity set to Manual, then seleted Set, and then Matching Tab, and selected None.

Reprinted, this didn't help.

I have also tried saving document as a pdf, opened this in Microsoft Edge, printed with both printers again and still the IP8750 prints the pinks with a peachy coloured tint, and the MG3600 was perfect. 

I need to print with the new IP8750 as it prints A3.

I have tried selecting other profiles in the print section but none seem to give the correct result.

I am printing on smooth cardstock, but tried plain paper, colours are still the same.

Am I missing something, as just can not work out what to do?

Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Based on your description and image, I believe this is an issue with your workflow.  Specifically double color management.  This occurs when both the printer driver and the application you are printing from are trying to control the output.  You need to disable color management in one or the other application. Based on your assumption, I believe you are on the correct path.

Just google "double color management" and you will understand.  The good news is that its completely avoidable.

Cheers

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi, thank you for your reply, I was thinking by doing this...  

'turning off colour management for the printer - I selected Setup at the bottom of the print section, selected my printer then preferences, then clicked the Main Tab, Colour/ intensity set to Manual, then seleted Set, and then Matching Tab, and selected None.'

Would stop the double color management, or is it something else? Sorry it's all so confusing

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

The first thing that caught my attention is that you're printing from a CMYK file. This might be required for some commercial printing but most, if not all desktop printers prefer working from RGB files. They will automatically convert the RGB colors to the CMYK inks they use. As a test, can you save a copy of your AI file converted to RGB and try printing that? If not, try printing an RGB jpeg image file and see how that looks.

I hope your not being here for a while means your problem's solved (colour management ones can be very frustrating!).

If not, I didn't spot what OS you're using but if it's Windows, and Windows Colour Management is enabled, you could try disabling it (I've read about some cases where it's turned out to be as simple as that after all!).

Announcements