cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Two-Sided PIXMA iX6820

jayD
Apprentice

I am trying to make a 12-page saddle-stitch booklet in In-Design and I am at the Layout options for the printer. I am watching an online tutorial and their dialog box has 'double-sided' checked and I don't even have that option and the 'Two-Sided' options are greyed out Am I just not able to do this with this printer or is there something I can download to get it working? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. My printer says '6820' but the dialog box says '6800', so that is confusing, I saw no drivers for download for the 6820. Can I use the 6840 driver or no? I am on a MAC OS Sierra.Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 10.35.25 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6

christealeaf
Apprentice

if someone can help--i have this problem, too, with the same printer and macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Hi christealeaf,

What application are you printing from?

If you click on File and Print, in the Print window, do you see "Show Details"?  or "Hide Details"?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

How to print double side?

which trick is good for it?

it doesn't show me either...? the double sided option just isn't there as shown in the original post's photo

MeleinaH
Apprentice

Hi jayD, was your issue ever resolved? I don't see a response to your question.. I am having the same issue. I'm tring to print double sided with my Canon Pixma iX6820 and I am running Mojave 10.13.6 on my mac. In the print dialogue box I have the same issue with the "Two-Sided" option greyed out and stuck on "Off" selection. I have tried to print from various applications, such as Acrobat, Preview, Illustrator and the Chrome browser and cannot figure out how to get the two-sided function to work. 

I would really like to get this figure out, I hate wasting so much paper being limited to only print on one side.

Please help, thanks!! 

I have the same issue trying to print double sided pages with Apple Page program on a Mac running Mojave on a Canon ix6820. I could print OK with MS Word but not Pages. The software doesn't seem to have been updated in years and only shows support thru High Sierra.

Announcements