cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer slow and hesitant

Shepherdboy
Contributor

My ip7220 is very slow and hesitant, it will print one pass and 30 sec. later it will print another, I am trying to print an 8 1/4" square image on plain paper, it then ejects the paper with only 2" of the image printed. It has been recommended that I reduce the distance between the router and the printer. The printer worked perfectly until a week ago so I cannot see the distance has created the problem. Any ideas please, my hair is white enough.

Shepherdboy.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

BillS
Mentor

Hi Shepherdboy,

Re-installing the drivers may also resolve the issue.  The most current drivers can be found at the Canon website HERE.  If you are using a Macintosh, deleting and re-adding the printer may also reduce printing time.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

I had re-installed the drivers several times but after your reply I removed the printer completely and re-installed it. It is now working as it should. Many thanks.

Shepherdboy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BillS
Mentor

Hi Shepherdboy,

Re-installing the drivers may also resolve the issue.  The most current drivers can be found at the Canon website HERE.  If you are using a Macintosh, deleting and re-adding the printer may also reduce printing time.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I had re-installed the drivers several times but after your reply I removed the printer completely and re-installed it. It is now working as it should. Many thanks.

Shepherdboy

vander
Contributor

Such condition of the printer could waste time and test patience. I'm not good in trouble-shooting but you can check the settings first.

Shepherdboy
Contributor
I would press the ‘Accept as Solution’ button if I could find it.

Shepherdboy
Announcements