cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer profiles

brassman
Enthusiast

What do these mean; Canon ip8700 series MP2, GL2, GL3, PT1, PT2 PT3, SG2/LU2, SG3/LU3. These all under printer profiles.

The profile for my printer, PIXMA ip8720 is not listed. I've been using Canon IJ Color Printer Profile 2005 which I don't think is right.Maybe the reason I've been getting magenta color casts on B&W prints. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm thinking the MP2 etc are paper types? Help.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi John,

I have an other question; I want to print borderless but my pixma IP8750 seems to cut of 3-5 mm on the right and bottom. I crop to printsize and select 4x6borderless . Is this a normal thing? I make prints of my art work and now I have to replace my signature or have to strech the sides. do you have any tips? I work with Affinityphoto. 

thanks in advance! 

kind regards, 

Kim 

The printer expands the image to be sure that the entire paper is covered. You can control the amount of extension if you go into the printer driver. 

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164385&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements