cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer head won't come out

kafka
Contributor

I have a Canon Pixma iP7260. Recently the printer informed me that it did not recognize the cyan cartridge. I ordered a new one but now I find that the print head assembley won't move to the center when I open the lid and I can't replace the cartridge. The printer makes about two seconds of noise from the printer head but then stops. The support code I get is 6000. I have followed the advice for fixing this error (checking for jammed paper, etc.) but to no avail. I should add that the alert light flashes three times. Can I fix this? I should add that I have disconnected the power and USB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try unplugging the power from the unit.  While unplugged, check to see if there are any paper jams or obstructions in the paper paths or inside the printer. 

If the error persists, please visit www.global.canon to get in touch with the Canon Contact center in your region to see what options are available near you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try unplugging the power from the unit.  While unplugged, check to see if there are any paper jams or obstructions in the paper paths or inside the printer. 

If the error persists, please visit www.global.canon to get in touch with the Canon Contact center in your region to see what options are available near you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements