Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Printer head alignment problem ip8750

[ Edited ]

I just bought an ip8750 printer to replace another ip8750. After printer head alignment there were some lines in the printed bars. On printing photos I could see some lines. I tried to do manual printer head alignment and saw that I needed to adjust some of the values (for A, B and C). However no window opens to let me change those values. I have tried it several times and the same thing happens each time. How do I adjust the values? I downloaded the quick menu from the CD but there seems to be no way to do it from there. I can't find the ij printer utility either. Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: Printer head alignment problem ip8750

Hi! I have a iP 2770 printer. In here i can adjust the print head alignment by clicking on the Printer > Manage> Printing Preferences> Maintenance> Print Head Alignment.  (I'm using a PC, Windows 10 Pro) Hope this helps you.

Highlighted
New Contributor

thanks, but that's what I've tried already. I need to do manual alignment and adjust the values, but it won't let me do that.

New Contributor

turns out that it was a matter of deep cleaning, not printer head alignment. The faint horizontal lines were there with a new printer and new inks, and when I did alignment some of the values were off, which is why I htought it was alignment. But after calling Canon I did deep cleaning and the problem was fixed.